Tuesday, July 07, 2009

OMG - did you hear michael jackson died?

That title is full of scarcasm if you can't tell. I'm hoping today's memorial will dampen the 24 hour mega news cycle that is Michael Jackson's death. I personally am a little glad that I didn't have to find out at what age his nose would actually fall off his face. To prove I'm not a total MJ hater, here is a bit of nostalgia for you faithful lunchnotes readers.

I will forever associate Michael Jackson with me hiding behind our orange corduroy chair next to the stereo and reciting the words to Thriller and "accidentally" "misinterpreting" the part where Vincent Price says "funk". I'm pretty sure I got spanked good for that. Back in the eighties when you could spank your kids.
Few more notes to make up for not posting for the last few days.



5 comments:

Momar Van Der Camp said...

Thank god I'm not the only one who thinks that way.

Raphael J. said...

I work two blocks from the Apollo. From the Apollo to the building I work in is an impenetrable moat of vendors selling MJ stuff. They even have Memorial umbrellas! UMBRELLAS!

alan said...

Crazy isn't it. BBC News 24 spent hours and hours on it. That he died is news: but on the spot rolling reports from the various shrines?
I used to sit on the sofa thinking I was getting the lyrics wrong to Wanna Be Startin' Something when I sang 'You're a vegetable, Your's just a buffet'. But apparently those are the lyrics ?!

alan said...

And I bet there are hilarious out-takes where Vincent actually does say F*** ;-)

laura said...

Yeah, I don't hate MJ at all, just hate the circus that the media is turning his death into. It's like they're oblivious to ALL the other news going on.